Overview — Renogy New Edition Voyager 20A PWM Waterproof Solar Charge Controller (RCC20VOYP-US)
The Voyager 20A is a class leading 20-amp charge controller with an IP67 rating. It is perfect for outdoor use, and can withstand water spray, rain, and condensation. Equipped with advanced PWM technology, it supports both 12V and 24V off-grid applications, and is compatible with 4 different battery types, including Lithium Iron Phosphate. The Voyager 20A also ensures your system's longevity with solar panel, battery, and controller protections.
Utilizing smart PWM technology, the Voyager provides 4-stage charging (Bulk, Absorption, Float and Equalization) in order to protect the battery. It also provides multiple battery, controller, and PV electronic protections to ensure charging and usage safety.
The Renogy Voyager PWM Waterproof Controller is compact and lightweight, making it perfect for applications with limited space. With a weight of only 0.55lb, a height of 3.84 inches and a width of 6.08 inches, this controller is ready to be installed in small spaces.
The Voyager PWM Waterproof Controller is a common positive ground charge controller, beneficial in ensuring charging safety.
Fitted with a Remote Temperature Sensor Port, the Voyager can measure battery temperature in real-time and use this data for very accurate temperature compensation, assuring stable and constant charging.
In a 12V system, the Voyager PWM Waterproof Controller only needs 0.22w/h or 1.92kmh/365days. Therefore, consuming extremely low levels of energy while working to charge your battery.
The Voyager PWM Waterproof Controller supports both 12V and 24V systems and can automatically identify system voltage once connected to a Gel, AGM, Flooded battery bank.
- For users using PWM controller in their solar system, we highly recommend you to connect the solar panels in parallel since it will maintain the PV output voltage under which the controller will work in high efficiency.
- Never install the controller in a sealed enclosure with flooded batteries as gas can accumulate and there is a risk of explosion.
- The solar controller should be installed as near the battery as possible to avoid efficiency loss.
- Incorrect battery type setting on the controller may damage your battery. The system auto-recognition is only adapted to Gel, AGM, and Flooded batteries so when using the Voyager to charge a lithium battery bank, please manually set the system voltage otherwise the over-discharged lithium battery will not be activated.
- To maintain best controller performance, it is recommended to avoid any damage or wear wire going into the controller and make sure all terminals are tighten, inspect any loose, broken, or burnt up connections, and occasionally clean the case using a damp cloth.
Resources — Renogy New Edition Voyager 20A PWM Waterproof Solar Charge Controller (RCC20VOYP-US)
Documents — Renogy New Edition Voyager 20A PWM Waterproof Solar Charge Controller (RCC20VOYP-US)
Warranty — Renogy New Edition Voyager 20A PWM Waterproof Solar Charge Controller (RCC20VOYP-US)
✓ OffGrid Harbor is an Authorized Renogy Dealer
✓ Includes all applicable Manufacterer Warranties
✓ Ships direct from manufacterer
✓ Additional Lifetime support from our specialists
FAQs — Renogy New Edition Voyager 20A PWM Waterproof Solar Charge Controller (RCC20VOYP-US)
Q: Can i connect the controller to my 12v/24v solar system?
Answer: Yes, the controller is suitable for both 12v and 24v systems, and it can sense the system voltage automatically once it is correctly connected.
Q: Does it support Lithium battery?
Answer: Yes, this controller supports Gel, AGM, Flooded, and Lithium batteries. Still, please set the correct battery type once it is installed and if a Lithium battery is connected, please manually set the system voltage due to the corresponding battery voltage.
Q: What does IP67 means?
Answer: IP67 rated indicates that the controller will remain protected and fully operational under various environments, including those where the controller is exposed to water spray, rain, etc., perfectly suitable for outdoor use.
Q: What is 4-stage charging and how does it benefit the battery?
Answer: 4-stage charging is an intelligent charging capability that allows the controller to monitor the battery status constantly. It will automatically adjust the converter output voltage to eliminate battery over & undercharging problems and fully, efficiently, and safely charge the battery. Bulk charging charges batteries to 75-80% of full charge. Boost Charging gradually completes the remaining charge to full. Float Charging maintains battery charge. Equalization Charging increases the battery voltage to higher than the standard complement voltage and gasifies the battery electrolyte, which is carried out every 28 days. Certain types of batteries benefit from periodic equalizing charges, stirring the electrolyte, balancing battery voltage, and completing chemical reactions.