Overview — MrCool DIY 3rd Gen E STAR 34500 BTU
Resources — MrCool DIY 3rd Gen E STAR 34500 BTU
Documents — MrCool DIY 3rd Gen E STAR 34500 BTU
Videos — MrCool DIY 3rd Gen E STAR 34500 BTU
Warranty — MrCool DIY 3rd Gen E STAR 34500 BTU
✓ OffGrid Harbor is an Authorized MrCool Dealer
✓ Includes all applicable Manufacterer Warranties
✓ Ships direct from manufacterer
✓ Additional Lifetime support from our specialists
Features — MrCool DIY 3rd Gen E STAR 34500 BTU
- Our Easy DIY installation: pre-charged quick connect line doesn't require special tools, equipment, or training
- SmartHVAC app: WIFI control - control your DIY anywhere with your Apple or Android smart device and an Internet connection
- Variable-speed DC inverter compressor technology cuts operating costs
- Low ambient cooling: cooling down to 5?F exterior temperatures ? the ideal system for computer server rooms, greenhouses, and any other applications that require cooling all year
- The unit is 16 SEER and designed to heat and cool a 1500 square foot space
- 7-Year compressor warranty and 5-year parts warranty
- Auto-restart: - power outage? No worries, the MRCOOL DIY E star Series auto-restart has the unit running again immediately
- Gold fin condenser: corrosion-resistant coastal living - don't worry, our condenser is built to resist long term corrosion
- Louver position memory remembers so you don't need to - horizontal louver automatically moves to the same position you set the last time the unit was turned on
- Automatic leakage detection technology to alert you should a problem arise
Specs — MrCool DIY 3rd Gen E STAR 34500 BTU
|Cooling Capacity||34500 BTU (approx. 1500 sq ft)|
|Heating Capacity||36000 BTU (approx. 1500 sq ft)|
|Energy Efficiency||16 SEER|
|Heating Efficiency||8.9 HSPF|
|Min Ambient Temperature||5 Degrees F|
Indoor Unit (Air Handler) Specs
|Air Flow Direction||4-way|
Outdoor Unit (Condenser) Specs
|Max Fuse Breaker||40 A|
|Min Circuit Ampacity||25 A|
|Refrigerant Capacity||119.9 oz|
|Decibel Rating||35/45/52 dBA|
Install Kit (Line Set) Specs
|Length||16ft or 25ft|
|Liquid Line Fitting||1/2 in|
|Liquid Line Size||3/8 in|
|Suction Line Fitting||3/4 in|
|Suction Line Size||5/8 in|
FAQs — MrCool DIY 3rd Gen E STAR 34500 BTU
Q: Is this a DIY unit or do i need a technician to install?
Answer: Yes, this product line comes with pre-charged lines so that you can install it yourself. If you want a cheaper, uncharged model, and want to hire someone to do the install, try the MrCool Advantage Series.
Q: How well does the heating work on this model?
Answer: Unless you are in an extreme cold climate, all MrCool Mini-Splits have heating that should work for you. If you need additional heating capacity for below zero temperatures, then the MrCool Hyper-Heat Series is what you need.
Q: Does this unit include both the condenser AND the air handler?
Answer: Yes, this unit is complete with both the indoor and outdoor components?
Q: Can I purchase the condenser or air handler separately?
Answer: We do not offer them separately via the website in order to avoid confusion. If you would like just one of the components you can contact our chat support and we will be happy to work with the manufacterer to get you a custom order.
Q: Can I add another air handler to the condenser later?
Answer: No, this is not a multi-zone unit. if you need a multi-zone unit, contact our chat support and we can help you.
Q: Does this come with all the parts needed for installation?
Answer: This system itself is complete, but depending on where you intend to mount it you may need additional hardware. The lines come precharged, so you do not need to be able to charge them youself.
Q: Do the electrical connections need to be hardwired?
Answer: Yes, electrical connetions for this unit need to be hardwired, there are no plugs or anything like that.
Q: Is the warranty voided if I install this myself?
Answer: For the DIY series ONLY, the warantty is written with the intention for the homeowner to install it. If you purchase Advantage or Olympus series, installing yourself will void the warranty.
Q: Is a mounting bracket included?
Answer: No, because of the wide variety of install situations we cannot provide a "one size fits all" mounting bracket. However, it should be easy to find an appropriate one at your local hardware store.
Q: Is the wall sleave for containing the line set included?
Q: Can I have a 16 ft line set instead of 25
Answer: Yes, contact our chat support and we will be happy to put in a custom order that suits your needs.
Q: Can I get a line set in a different size? the one in the table above will not work for my home.
Answer: MrCool offers two sizes of line sets, 25ft and 16ft. if neither of those suit your needs you may need to get a technician that can help you adjust the lines.
Q: If you disconnect the line sets after use do they need to be recharged?
Answer: It depends but most likely yes. In particular if you have been actively using the unit, expect to need to recharge them.
Q: How expensive is installation usually if i use a technician?
Answer: it varies from state to state but expect it to be a few hundred dollars.
Q: Can the condenser be mounted against an exterior wall or does it need air flow on all sides?
Answer: Yes, it can be mounted on the side of your house.